Thursday, July 14, 2011

lazy days


our lazy days are few and far in-between. but when they come, we savor them.


living in another country taught me about time, and they way different people from different cultures spend it. when I was in my first year of college, I remember feeling so irresponsible for blowing off my homework to drive out to the city for coffee with friends. in Azerbaijan, I felt guilty and almost selfish for choosing homework and saying no to friends.


now i find myself caught somewhere in the middle. but, I'm grateful for the perspective I've gained in the process. I'm grateful for the freedom that comes with finding purpose in rest and joy in just being. I love how hard work and relaxation compliment each other so well, and I love when I find that balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment