Friday, December 30, 2011

Morning in Seattle

I think I always knew I would marry a man from Seattle ;-)
or at least that the city would be significant to me in some way. Growing up in small town Texas made NYC seem like the middle of the world to me, but every popular city held a bit of magic. There was always something different about Seattle though...something dark and artistic. After living there I came to know it in a very different way. not so glamorous. rather rustic. more northface than high heels. which is what I love about it. You can stand in the city facing the Puget Sound with Mt. Rainier to your back. Hints of incense, fish and fresh baked goods swirl around in the crisp air. Its comforting to me. Like those quirky scents that remind you of home. One of my requests on this trip to WA was to visit the city. We went early one morning with Ryan's sister Kelsey and her fiance Tim.

Pike Place Market and the original Starbucks
good times :-)


3 comments:

  1. The Seattle area is just one big heap of diversity. I'm a native, and it never gets old; you see something new, something inspiring and memorable every day. World travel is definitely on my to-do list, but I don't think I'll ever be able to live anywhere but this gorgeous state. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to visit you guys out there some day!!!

    ReplyDelete